Motorola Talkabout T480 EMERGENCY Walkie Talkie (GMRS/ FRS)
- With an IP-54** rating, this radio flaunts its weatherproof ID design making it ideal for protection from not only dust, but wet weather conditions be it snow or rain splashes.
- A light source is always essential during any emergency situation. It's crucial to be able to see what you are doing and where you are going. This radio has a built-in LED light which offers emergency lighting when needed.
- Push-To-Talk Power Boost, when activated, allows you to extend the transmission range by increasing the transmitter power output while saving battery life when no power boost is necessary.
- This radio includes an emergency alert feature, when the alert button is activated, the radio transmits an alert siren followed by transmission of spoken or incidental sounds. This allows you to send the signal to other radios and warn of impending danger.
- Call tones are what people calling you can hear instead of the normal default ring, Choose what your callers will hear from ten audible call tones to grab the attention of your family and friends before you start speaking.
- Emergency preparedness , emergency alert button and led flashlight, please note: the t480is sold as a single radio only, not in pairs
- Range of up to 56kms under favorable conditions, 22 channels, each with 121 privacy codes
- 11 weather channels (7 NOAA) with alert feature, ip54 weatherproof
Stay Connected When The Unexpected Hits. With its plugged-in, always-on connectivity and instant communication, the T480 keeps you, your family and community ready for emergency situations. If the power is out or cell phone towers are down, your radio will be charged and ready to go, so that you can get weather alerts and share information with others. Even if your rechargeable battery dies, replace it with 3 AA batteries and continue to talk. The radio can communicate with any FRS/GMRS radios, regardless of brand. The American Red Cross suggests that every household should have an emergency preparedness kit. Motorola Solutions and Motorola Solutions Foundation proudly support the American Red Cross and their emergency preparedness efforts, and have contributed more than $6 million over the last decade.